Introducing: Annabeth Paden
She was born at Floyd Dryden yesterday weighing in at 5 lbs.
All the 6th graders got one. The started a project yesterday where they
will have to carry around their "flour" babies for a week.
They will be graded on how well they take care of them.
If they drop them it is an automatic F.
One teacher will even babysit if you give her some food.
I have already had to babysit too, however I did not charge Luke for babysitting.
I am thinking that a swap is in order. I babysit and he does a little chore. What do you think?
Last night I even made him bring his baby to Bible class.
He thought he could just leave her at home sleeping.
I informed him that no one was going to be home and
he couldn't leave his baby unatended.
It is going to be a long week.
sleeping in the crib
teaching her about ipods
He kind of looks like he has been up all night with her.
2 comments:
I saw him with this last night and I figured it was a school project. But only 5 lbs! I had to do this in the 9th grade and I think ours had to be a 10 lb bag of flour. Which turned out to be a good comparison of newborn weight for me!
Oh, and I think a trade for baby-sitting is a great idea! I'll baby-sit too if he's willing to trade for some work!
What a great project to teach them about responsibility. None of my children ever had to do such a project, but I wish they had.
Yes, using the barter system of trading babysitting for work sounds like another great lesson to learn.
I will be interested to see how the week transpires.
Post a Comment