Thursday, May 21, 2009

Auke Beach w/ 4 Of My Boys and My David


Tuesday evening Joe had a baseball practice out by Auke Beach. So David suggested we pack up some dinner and make a picnic of the situation. So we loaded up the boys (Katie was at work) and headed to the beach. It was so relaxing and enjoyable. I got some really great pictures and I even had David take some of me with 4 of my boys. I love the logs that are washed up on the beach they make for beautiful backdrops for pictures. Everything is blooming and growing. It was nice to see the green and the raspberries blooming. The boys enjoyed throwing rocks in the water. David and Luke skipped rocks while Justus and Matthias watched the action. I enjoyed walking along the beach and taking in all the beauty around me. Luke even attempted to fly a kite, but alas their wasn't enough wind. What a wonderful evening.....

This is called "Indian Rhubarb" it is kind of along the same line as "Poison Ivy" Luke walked right trough this on the way to the beach and it made him itch and have little welts all over his legs. Thankfully David suggested the baby wipes and he was able to wash his legs off. Never leave home without the wipes they come in super handy.
David says my head looks funny in this picture that I took of myself.
What do you think?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I think your head looks just fine. But Orion has a pretty funny look on his face. You did a great job with your photos. It all looks so nice. Glad you had a relaxing evening.
What were we doing Tuesday night? Oh yeah, I was getting a pedicure--that was relaxing too.

Bill and Amanda said...

I don't think your head looks funny. Orion is growing some nice cheeks though! These are some amazing pictures you got! It makes me want to scrapbook. You're going to have to teach me all the cool places to go around Juneau.

ddietz said...

I think it's a great picture, not funny at all. There are some really good ones you posted, put them on facebook too so I can comment on them better, please!

Unknown said...

I love all of the family pictures!!! Your boys are growing fast!!! Its amazing how fast the summer is coming!! I am glad you were able to enjoy the evening!

Bethany said...

Awe. Lela your pictures really capture the good time you had. I love all the pictures. It makes me want to go back to the beach.