Fridays I go to the Annex for Craft day, so yesterday was no different than any other Friday. Except for the fact David called me and said that the nurse just called him from Glacier Valley and Luke needs to go get checked out at the ER for a nose break. He was in P.E. at the time and collided head first into another kid. He is doing much better today, however the swelling is worse than it was. He is going to be sore, black, and blue for awhile. I am just thankful it was not worse. I don't think he will forget the birthday he turned 11 and broke his nose at school. Not something I would want for my birthday and I know he didn't want it either. One good thing is that as soon as we were done at the ER he wanted to go back to school so he could have his cupcakes with his class.
What a brave and courageous boy I have.
Not as bad as it could have been. Thank the Lord!!!
For Luke's birthday this year he wanted a popcorn cake. So I made him one. My grandma used to make them when I was growing up. Hers wasn't so sticky. I wish I had her recipe. Luke liked it anyway so that is the important part.
1 comment:
Yeah, I'll bet David had to pay that nurse a ton of money to get her to say it was a school accident and not really one of Dave's wild tantrums over natural peanut butter or somethin. Big mean nose breakin dad.
Post a Comment