Friday, December 11, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things.....

I thought I would share a few of my favorite Christmas ornaments. 













This is the star that we have had on top of our tree since 1995.  Katie has been putting it on the tree since then and I have fond memories of David lifting Katie up on his shoulders to attach our star.

















This is one of the first ornaments I got for us.  The picture is not very great, however it says "Our First Christmas Together"  1994. 

















Jeannie gave us this one when we put up our first tree.  Apparently this was an ornament that was brought back from Italy. 






















This one was given to me by a friend who knew I collected Precious Moments. It has a spot in the bottom to place a bulb so it lights up.  ( I still like Precious Moments, however with all my "blessings" (kids) this was not the time to continue collecting them.  So they are put up for another season of my life.)






















Katie got me this icicle ornament one year for Christmas.  I like how it shines with the lights on the tree.





David was collecting Coca Cola ornaments at one point and this is one of my favorites.  We have a few on the tree this year, but most of them are fragile and pieces are falling off.  I haven't seen Coca Cola ornaments in a while so if you see any let me know.






 When my parents came to visit one year for Thanksgiving my Mom got me this one.  It is an angle in the color of my birth stone.  Katie also has one, however I couldn't find hers on the tree.





David brought this wooden snoflake home one year from work.  Not sure the story of it, but it fast became one of my favorites.








 Jeannie brought these back one year from Texas.  Mamaw Peggy got/made them.  They are made out of pasta with a thumb tack as the candle.  Super cute!!!






 This is Matthias 1st Christmas orniment.  I picked it out because I LOVE snowmen. 





Stars!!!  I like the way the light reflects of these. 

Every year I set these aside and I place them on the tree in special spots so I can see them.  These are a few of my favorites.  What are some of your favorites?


3 comments:

Rachel said...

My favorite ornaments are up on my blog. It's nice to see yours. And coincidentally enough I have an ornament with three stars in a row that looks almost exactly like yours.

Keli said...

I love your ornaments, especially the wooden snow flake. My favorite ornaments are the ones my children made during their years in elementary school. They are all 20 to 35 years old and have become very fragile, but I still put them on the tree every year. I don't think children make ornaments in school these days, that is so sad to me.

Anonymous said...

Looks like all of yous had a wonderful family night doing your tree.Ihope yous have a joyful and wonderful Christmas. I know it will be full of memories as I have of you kids I really miss that. Love You all So Much Mom