Any how this morning when I went to get my coffee at Jon's I was telling him how I would say a prayer really quick. Then he related a story of how several years ago when he was hunting at Lake Cathleen and the trees were so tall how they had a wind storm come through and they could hear the trees snapping and falling all night. The next day they decide to attempt to hunt and would hear trees snapping as they were walking through the woods. In his words "it was kind of eary."
As I started heading back over to my side of the house I looked out the window and noticed this:
Yes the wind was blowing hard enough last night to blow down this Mountain Ash tree. I am really bummed about this because I really liked this tree. It was a great blocker from the neighbors house. No one is living in this house right now so I am assuming that we will be looking at this for quite some time.
I took some more pictures later this morning as the rain had let up some. I am amazed at the mighty power of the wind. However it brings to light how much more powerful God's is. All he had to do was tell the wind and waves to hush and they obeyed. WOW!
Blue sky after the storm?
Nope as I type this it is already gone.
The stump where the tree broke off.
1 comment:
That was definitely some crazy wind and rain. I think it's one of the most intense storms we've seen since living here. I'm sorry for your tree loss. That's a bummer. But thankfully, no property was damaged.
I'll be praying for your hunters as well.
Post a Comment