Monday, October 19, 2009

Harvest of Friends Blog Party


I have never partaken in anything like this and
thought it sounded like fun. 
So if you are new to my blog: Welcome! 
I have been blogging for a little over a year.
I blog about my life, about my family and I blog because
I find it as a creative place where I can go when my life seems to
 busy and I can't scrapbook.  I am a wife (almost 16 years), a mother (of 6),
and a work in progress saved by grace.
  I have been living in Juneau for almost 16 years also
and can't imagine anywhere else I would love to raise my kids. 
Although sometimes I think of living in the country on a secluded farm. 
I love my God and He has truly blessed me
 far more than I deserve.
If you would like to join just click on the label on my side bar.....



1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?  I usually don't snack when I blog, however I sometimes drink my coffee.

2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without? My family and God's people

3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice? On a farm

4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty? Cleaning the bathroom & folding laundry

5. Who do people say you remind them of?  No one has ever told me who I remind them of.

6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam? Staying at home (most of the time)

7. What's your all time favorite movie?  Seven Brides for Seven Brothers & Anne of Green Gables

8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?  Sleep in my make up ( I even remove it the next day with a baby wipe)

9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it? I would love to take singing lesons

10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?  Have no idea

11. What first attracted you to your spouse?  His honesty

12. What is something you love to smell?  Gas~oline (For GWyatt-HA!), I know I'm weird.

13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.  I interupt a lot, sorry to all of you who I have interupted.

14. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it?  spend it on silly things (shoes & purses)

15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?  Silent laugher, I think. My children and David make me laugh the hardest.

16. Where is your favorite place to shop?  Old Navy or Fred Meyers (in Juneau)

17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?  Read and Scrapbook

18. Are you a big spender or frugal?  I would like to think frugal, however sometimes I know I'm a big spender.

19. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can't be real) Anne or one of the Gilbert Morris House of Winslow charters.

20. Would you want to be famous?  NO!!!!

8 comments:

Queen Diva said...

I lived in the Fairbanks area for 6 years! Oh, how I miss Alaska! They opened the Fred Meyers in Fairbanks about 1 year before we left. I loved your post - glad to have met you!

Susan said...

Hi Lela,

So nice to met you!!

I love Anne of Green Gables too!!

What a beautiful family you have♥

G.Wyatt said...

It's a good thing that you like the smell of gas since you live with 5 boys.

Rachel said...

Plus David, that makes 6 boys, GK!
Sorry to hear folding laundry is one of your least favorite chores. It's actually one of my favorites. But sorry it's not my favorite enough to do yours too. That would be a bit weird, unless it was towels.

Unknown said...

Hi! It's nice to meet you. It looks like we have similar interests - reading and scrapbooking :-). Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'd love to have a big family like you some day!

Olivia Orsborn said...

What a neat concept, blog party...
Well, maybe I could trade chores with you some day? You clean my bathroom and fold my laundry? And I'll sign up for something fun at your house! LOL. I just might have to try the blog party too.

April said...

hi! I'm visiting from the harvest party via my cell phone at work tonight :)
the monkey pictures are adorable!
I also have a habit of interrupting people, I'm glad to find people who do the same :)
have a great week!

Angela said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I stopped by from Lynnette's party! Have a blessed day!

Angela @ Eternal Outlook