Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow, Snow and More Snow!!!

So after spending the day yesterday with David in the hospital, I was sure that I was going to have a somewhat quiet day at home to help David get better after his surgery. Boy was I wrong. Our morning started out about normal, wake up, get 3 older kids up, eat breakfast, get their lunches ready. Pretty normal. However we were and still are under a winter storm warning. And little did I know that they would actually cancel school today. What were they thinking. Well of course Joe said I think they canceled school today and I said "no they wouldn't, it didn't snow that much that they would cancel school today." Mom was wrong. As soon as I turned on the radio the first thing I heard was " all public schools have been canceled today." All 3 older children were so excited. And needles to say I have not had such a quiet day. However the boys were here to clear out the drive way. I am so thankful to have my 2 older boys.

My truck after 2 days of snowing.

Katie is actually standing in the road, the snow is so deep in

our front yard that it is up past her waist.

2 comments:

Bill and Amanda said...

What?! They can't cancel school. This is Alaska! Shouldn't we be used to snow by now?

Bruce and Amanda Baird said...

WOW! That looks like so much fun. We had to endure a sunny, calm, 79 degrees yesterday! I am so jealous! NOT!