Monday, June 16, 2008

Church Family Camping Retreat

The weekend of June 13 - June 15 we went camping with our church family. Friday night we started with hamburgers and hot dogs and ended with singing and a Devo. The sleeping arrangements for the Paden family weren't as great as I would have liked but we made out. Joe and Luke slept in a tent, David and Justus slept in the back or our brown truck and Matthias, Katie and I slept in the back of my Yukon. Needless to say I did not get a lot of sleep because Matthias is partial to his bed. Saturday was filled with more fellowship. At 11:00am I brought Joe to his baseball game. And we returned for another meal of hamburgers and hot dogs around 4:30pm. You can't go wrong with this meal when you are camping. We had some more wonderful singing and a Devo (under some tarps so we wouldn't get wet). Saturday night I headed back to our house with Matthias and Katie for some much needed sleep. Sunday we met with the Church and then after service we took David out to get deli from Safeway for Fathers Day and then went back to the camp site to help clean up. After the cleaning was done we all indulged David as he wanted to drive to the end of the road. And I must admit even though I was not up for the drive it really ended up being relaxing. All in all it was a great time and we really had a wonderful weekend. Hope you all had a wonderful Fathers Day and God Bless.




Erin and Natalie


Our AIM girls, we have been blessed to have them work with us here in Juneau.

Bea Long

One of our special ladies, she is such an encouragement to us.
She also loves S'mores.



David and Matthias


Singing around the camp fire.


Katie with two of the Baird children, Makayla and Lexi.




The Phelps family, Rachel, Carly and Isaac.



Luke


Being silly as usual.



Hunter Baird



Isaac and Rachel



Dana and Geoffrey Wyatt


Not very much longer and they will have a little boy of their own.


Brooklyn Baird



Joe and Justus

Listening intently to the Devo.




Bruce Baird

Our crazy preacher with one of his inventions.

If you are wondering it is a new coffee pot lid. He made it out of a pineapple can lid.



Matthias, sitting in a milk crate.



If you notice the sticker it says 10 cents. Rachel thought this was cute, I must admit so do I because I wouldn't let him go for 10 cents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on photos and narrative.

Mike C.

Anonymous said...

It was a great weekend! I enjoyed sharing it with you and your family. Also, very nice job on the photos :)

Dana