Waiting for dinner. Jeannie got the party hats for him.
Justus ready to get this party started.
Dinner is done... Let's get to the cake.
I added the train and #1 to it because they go way back.
Back to David's first birthday actually.
(if you look really careful you can see car marks in the cake too! Matthias saw me putting the train on and decided to help by putting a car on also.)
Orion enjoyed eating his cake. It was red velvet and MESSY....
David's comment later was "Red velvet really is not a good choice for a 1st birthday cake." I think he said this because he is the one who cleaned up Orion. :-)
Jeannie made me laugh with her comment after Orion was done eating his cake.
She said "It looks like he has the measles."
The little red crumbs all over sure makes it look like he has something.
Matthias is sad because he couldn't help Orion eat his cake.
I don't like to be cleaned up.....
David and I got him the stacking toys. He LOVED them.
He was funny because he didn't want to put them down to open the rest of his presents.
Later that evening he would crawl around
with on ring in each hand.
Don't you love it when you get a gift for someone and the really like it?
He also got a fisher price barn set from Mamaw and Papaw.
He really enjoyed this too.
A monkey outfit (thanks Kathryn),
a rolling puppy (thanks Phelps family),
a ball (thanks Henderson family),
a card from Nana & Papa
(we still need to go pick something out for him),
and his first dollar from his Great Aunt Gennie.
We are so blessed because of this little boy...
2 comments:
Love the pictures, Justus is so silly! You know, any cake would be just as messy, it didn't look too bad, except that it made Orion look rashy. I love red velvet!
Glad he had a good party and enjoyed the cake. Normally I wouldn't have made a red velvet cake for a 1 year old, but it was already baked and handy. Hey, I made my kid eat a healthy carrot cake for his first.
And yes, I love it when I give someone a gift they really like. It's even a bit sweeter when it turns out to be something I made.
That's just me.
Post a Comment