Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Camp Yamhill 2010

For 3 years now we have let the older 3 children go to camp Yamhill. They work hard and save there money to be able to go.  Between airfare and camp fee they have to save around $400.00 for every year (each).  They always have a great time and if you want to check our their web page go here: Camp Yamhill

This year Joe and Luke were able to go with their good friend Addi Jones.  This was one of the highlights for them. 

Normally our children stay with our good friend's James and Nancy Hinds (Rachel's parents), however this year things didn't work out that way and we were not sure if the boys would be able to go.  Thanks to the time spent on Nancy's part our boys stayed with "FRIEND'S" we have never met.  The boys were blessed in so many ways on this trip. First they were picked up at the airport by Nancy and taken to Burger King for dinner. Second they got to stay with Tom and Judy and watch fire works over a "little" lake and use a paddle boat on the lake.  Then Tom took the boys out to camp on the 6th.

They were at camp from July 6 through the 10th.
 (pictures were copied from the camp web site)

On the 10th they were picked up from camp by Wes (the precher at the Scappoose Church of Christ) and he took them to McDonald's for a soda.

Then he dropped them of at Mike and Christy's house where the were able to help with the hay harvest.  (If that is what you call it?) Christy said the helped get about 100 bales out of the field and loaded in the loft, and then went swimming/hot tub and had ice cream.  They slept in the tent with Eric (Mike & Christy's son).

Then the morning of the 12th Mike took them to the airport where the flew back home to Juneau.

They had a blast and said "they were glad to be home."

Music to this Mom's ears :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm not surprised at all that they had a great time. The only problem is that Wes took them to McD's. Apparently he doesn't know that the traditional stop on the way home from Camp is Wendy's. And you always get frosties and fries. They can be eaten separately, but they're always both ordered. Oh, well. So much for tradition.

Bobby Ross Jr. said...

Hi Lela,

I'm with The Christian Chronicle and was told about this by Mike Clemens. I'm interested in doing a little item about it for the Chronicle. Could I get your e-mail address? Mine is bobby.ross@christianchronicle.org.

Thanks,
Bobby Ross

Keli said...

Lela, thanks for stopping by and leaving a message on my blog. I have been so busy this summer that I have not had much time for the internet. So glad that camp was a big success. My granddaughter (11) went away to a week long camp in western N.C. She had a great time, and is looking forward to next summer. Still really really hot here, I wish I could send you some of this heat, because I am so done with it...lol!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Joe and Luke had a great time. I know you kids always had a lot of fun when you went. But its always nice when they come home. House always feels kinda empty when part of family is away. All my love Mom See ya soon!xoxo